Started in 2018, AZYouthforce is a youth workforce development program through the Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley. Teens develop valuable professional skills through our workforce academy and are matched to paid internships offered by AZYouthforce Employer Partners.
What is AZYouthforce?
AZYouthforce trains and connects Valley teens to paid internships with quality employers across diverse sectors and locations. This fast-growing program creates equity for teens by opening doors to paid internships and helping them explore and develop their career and educational plans.
How does AZYouthforce Help Teens?
Significant barriers exist for disadvantaged youth looking to enter the workforce. National studies confirm that teen work experience has a positive impact on high-school graduation rates, continuing education and long-term earning potential.
One of the priority outcomes for Boys & Girls Clubs of the Valley is to help teens explore and develop a plan for their future. This includes exposing teens to career opportunities, introducing them to companies and emerging fields, and helping them create a career and educational plan for their future.
Creating Bright Futures
AZYouthforce creates equity for teens by helping young adults achieve their goals – through training, coaching, internships, and rewarding jobs.
- Provides teens ages 16-19 with valuable, paid work experience and positive relationships with mentors to inspire career and educational growth while earning money for the family and continuing their education
- Offers teens critical hard and soft skills workplace training and an Internship Manager to help ensure success in the program
- Pairs local and national employers with motivated, enthusiastic, and prepared teens as staff
- Empowers workplace mentors with the experience of making a difference in a young person's life
- Creates equity by building a diverse, inclusive workforce
- Enriches schools with engaged students who are committed to both academic and career success!